Blessd are the Glass Backed

 


For they shall lie on the settee and watch the football.  Hello everyone. I hope that you are ok. I come to you this evening made up of 80% chicken balls (minced chicken and stuffing - delicious) and with one eye on the World Cup Final, so I can't guarantee full coherence levels. 

This has been an uneventful week for me, mainly because I pulled my back on Tuesday morning. Embarrassingly enough, I managed to hurt it by pulling the shower curtain back. Have you ever done that? You are just minding your own business, doing something completely benign, and your body acts as if you have fallen from a trapeze. I worry that I am developing a bit of a glass back. I used to have a list of YouTube exercise videos that I rotated through the evenings - about 25 minutes a night, and it did seem to help a lot. I can't remember why I stopped. I think it was after one of my Covid episodes, and then I didn't get back around to it. I could do with sorting it out again. 

So, I was packed to the drawstrings with Paracetamol and Ibuprofen - skilfully administered by HOH, and I haven't got to do much really. Not that I had much planned anyway. It's a lot better today, thank you. 

I've just stopped writing to watch the half-time show in the football. Blimey - everyone is in it - Madonna, BTS, The Muppets, Justin Bieber. I mean, that's more than enough time for Bobby Charlton to have a fag and eat his orange segments. Really, I have no idea how I will survive without football to watch every night. It will be a sad time indeed. (If you cup your hands to your ear now, you should be able to hear the sound of HOH in the back room shouting "Glory!" and playing a tambourine) 

While I am thinking about it, can anyone recommend a beginner's embroidery or cross-stitch? I usually keep  my hands occupied by hand sewing quilt shapes, but in a weak moment, I gave all my fat quarters to my daughter, who is displaying a wholly unrelated to me natural talent for sewing and needed material to line some bags. I had a quick look online and everything was either jolly robins or something just short of the Bayeux Tapestry. Thanking you in anticipation. 

Because I was ill (although you would never hear me complain), I took out a personal loan and bought a hardback book. Dissection of a Murder is a courtroom drama which I don't usually like much. This was ok, but the twist is an absolute kicker, so well done everyone. 

This has not been an uneventful week for the rest of the UK. We are due another Prime Minister on Monday, which is nice, and obviously, there was the horrible news about the death of Anne Widdecombe at the beginning of the week. One minute, we were all saying aww - she had a good innings and watching clips of her on Strictly, and then the story completely changed. It was an extra shock because it happened in Devon, which is not known for its gangland-inspired killings. (Although there was one last year, and all the TV reporters were so shocked they kept getting the victim's name wrong) It is irrelevant how many things I disagreed with Anne about. It's awful, and that's it. 

I found this on the Internet this week. It's not just women twirling in the kitchen in dresses,  you know. Is it a poem? I can never tell. Anyone who has had a casual read of this blog will know we have had a bit of a tough time recently, what with the building we live in and funding cuts at work, etc., and I have found myself questioning a lot. So, as I said, I found this, and I would add Come home disillusioned, Come home without understanding, Come home a bit shamefaced, Come home remembering everything you know to be true. 

And it has done me the world of good to be honest. Have a great week.

Comments